- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our websites unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service.
Information You Provide
- Information you volunteer by completing any optional online forms, including but not limited to our “Subscribe” form, online contest forms, our media interest/inquiry form, or email/newsletter subscription forms is used to help enhance our services, and may be shared with our employees and contractors for that purpose.
- A “cookie” is a small text file which a webserver (for example the www.theculturaltraveler.com webserver) sends to your browser when you visit a website.
- We may use “session cookies” which expire at the end of the browser session. They capture your activities during the browser session.
- We may use “permanent cookies” which are saved in your browser. They collect identifying behavior such as web surfing and website preferences across multiple platforms. Cookies are stored until deleted by the user. No personal data is stored in the cookies used by us.
- Cookies pose no risk to your computer, as they are simply text files and not executable programs.
- You have the option to block or disable cookies. Using our websites without cookie functionality may not provide you with a customized experience. If you block cookies, no data will be placed on your browser and you will have to re-input your data on your next visit to our websites.
- You can find cookie information specific to the EU and UK at www.youronlinechoices.com
- Tracking pixels function similarly to cookies.
- We use tracking pixels to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and to better understand and improve the user’s experience on our websites and to personalize marketing messages.
- We do not give, share, sell, rent or transfer any personal information to a third party, unless we have your consent.
- Our websites contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked website.
- We provide these hyperlinks to you for convenience only and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by us. You link to any such website entirely at your own risk.
- The content of other websites, services, goods or advertisements that may be linked to our website is not maintained or controlled by us. Therefore we are not responsible for the availability, content or accuracy or privacy practices of other websites, services or goods that may be linked to, or advertised on, our websites.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to linked sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- For more information about how Google uses data for analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en\
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
- Anyone using this website expressly consents to such measures intended to prevent unauthorized attempts to upload, change information or otherwise cause damage to the site.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to have your information deleted from our records, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and typing DPO in the Subject Line of your email.