Who Are We?
The U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council (USCHT) is an exciting new initiative to drive cultural and heritage tourism to and within the USA by developing “dynamic” cultural and heritage tour packages that offer unique and innovative cultural and heritage experiences to visitors.
Why Was the U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council Formed?
The U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council is a direct outcome of the U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Summit held October 6-8, 2005 in Washington, DC in partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce, The President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, Partners in Tourism and American Express. The Summit was developed and produced by Shop America Alliance.
The Summit was successful in bringing together over 400 delegates and distinguished leaders in cultural and heritage tourism from all 50 U.S. States, the District of Columbia and U.S. Virgin Islands. This event served to catalyze enhanced interest in U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism, one of our nation’s most valuable assets. It also resulted in the realization that the U.S. did not have a national organization promoting and marketing cultural and heritage tourism both nationally and internationally. Hence, the USCHT was formed to provide that platform.
What Do We Do?
The primary purpose of the USCHT is to package, market and sell U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism Experiences on behalf of its partners, the leading U.S. tourism destinations, attractions and travel partners.
The Council is dedicated to marketing U.S. cultural and heritage tourism destinations to and within the USA.The Cultural Traveler Tours Packages Feature Museums, Gardens, Aquariums, Historic Homes, Epicurean Experiences, Art Galleries, Performing Arts Venues, Shopping, Dining....and more! Visit TheCulturalTraveler.comto learn about our current packages.
How Do We Do It?
How We Further Support the Marketing of U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism
10 Top Benefits of Partnering with the USCHT Marketing Council
1. PackagingWe help you develop effective cultural and heritage tourism packages. We negotiate rates and contracts, write sales copy, edit photographs and design the packages for the websites and marketing collateral
2. Online Marketing ServicesYour packages are showcased and sold on the web at TheCulturalTraveler.com, ShopAmericaTours.com, via a link to DiscoverAmerica.com, other major online tour operators’ sites such as Travelocity, Expedia and Mark Travel plus your own site.
3. TrackingWe track results of your packages and provide you with quarterly sales reports
4. Travel Trade ExposureWe provide representation and marketing of your USCHT packages at major travel trade shows and sales missions in the USA, UK, Germany, Canada and Mexico
5. Public RelationsWe promote your USCHT packages to domestic and international travel trade media.
6. Information and IdeasThe Cultural Traveler E-News promotes packages and provides news and views on USCHT developments.
7. Networking and Professional DevelopmentPartner in USCHT are invited to attend the annual meeting at the ONE Travel Conference
8. Tourism EducationWe provide training and development for USCHT partners.
9. Dedicated Professional StaffUSCHT’s President, Sheila Armstrong, works directly with USCHT partners. The USCHT affiliation with Shop America Alliance and Shop America Tours provides marketing assistance and a support network.
10. Affiliation with Industry LeadersPartners include the leading U.S. Tourism Destinations, Attractions and Travel Partners dedicated to marketing U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism.Sheila Armstrong has served on U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke’s Travel and Tourism Advisory Board and the U.S. Travel Association Board of Directors.Rosemary McCormick has served on the U.S. Travel Association Board, the Executive Committee and the Members Connect Committee. She also served on the Destination & Foundation Board of Directors. Armstrong and McCormick also serve on the Board of Women in Travel and Tourism International.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THE CULTURAL TRAVELER TOUR PACKAGES?
The Cultural Traveler Tour Packages are a fun, new way to “catch some culture”!
Why Is US Cultural & Heritage Tourism Important?
Who are the Most Productive Cultural Travelers in generate ROI? (Ref. The Cultural Traveler Market Research)
How is the USCHT Structured and Who Are Our Partners?
The USCHT is an LLC that develops and markets cultural and heritage tour package for our partners. Our partners are cultural and heritage organizations and destinations engaged in cultural and heritage travel marketing. USCHT works in affiliation with Shop America Alliance who serves as the facilitator and program manager of these packages, bringing their expertise as a leading tour operator with years of experience in developing and marketing more than 200 diverse package tours.
How Do You Become a Partner?To join the U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council, Contact:
U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing CouncilSheila ArmstrongCo-Founder and PresidentRosemary McCormickCo-Founder and Development DirectorPresident of Shop America Alliance
2012 USCHT Fact Sheet USCHT & Visit Pasadena Announce Two New Packages USCHT Announces Five New Partners Five Years of USCHT Accomplishments USCHT Celebrates Five Year Anniversary New Book from the Museum Store Association 2013 Cultural Traveler Sales Team Announced Thought Leaders Meet at the ONE Travel Conference The Cultural Traveler Guide 2012 SASI-ONE 2011 Award Winners Honored Mary Moore Mason Awarded TravMedia Award Biltmore Awarded Destination of the Year Armstrong Receives National Tourism Appointments St. Johns County Florida Joins USCHT Macon-Bibb County CVB Joins USCHT Destination Bloomington Joins USCHT Loveland Partnership Announcement Vermont Partnership Announcement
Bob Klemme Awarded The Cultural Traveler Trailblazer of the Year New Book from the Museum Store Association ONE Travel Conference Open for Registration USCHT Announces 10 New Packages USCHT Announces Four New Partners 2012 ONE Travel Conference Announced Larry Cohen/Northeast Media Announcement Power of ONE Research Study Segments the Cultural/Heritage Traveler Market Sarasota-USCHT Partnership Announcement SASI-ONE 2011 Winners Tax Free Louisiana New Packages Announcement U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council Fact Sheet Pasadena Partnership Announcement
ONE Travel Conference on Shopping, Dining & Cultural Tourism Sheila Armstrong Selected for US Travel & Tourism Board Shop America Alliance & USCHT Announce MOBI Sites Tax Free Louisiana Partnership Announcement USCHT Fact Sheet 2010
Announcing The Cultural Traveler 2010 Chicago Partnership First Cultural Tourism Award Presented to McCormick, Armstrong New Research Study to Segment the Cultural/Heritage Traveler Market New Study Reveals Popularity of U.S. Cultural and Heritage Travel The Cultural Traveler 2010: New Opportunities The Cultural Traveler Pavilion USCHT Announces New initiatives
AAM, MSA & USCHT to Promote Cultural Travel in the U.S. Greater Philadelphia Joins USCHT as Charter Sustaining Partner Hilton Head Island & Bluffton Join USCHT New Cultural & Heritage Packages New Tourism White Papers Provide Marketing Education Summary Report of Cultural & Heritage Tourism Case Studies The Henry Ford Partnership Announcement USCHT Announces Three New Partners USCHT Fact Sheet 2008
The Cultural & Heritage Travel Study Tourism 101 White Paper
Treasures from Museum StoresHistoric Shopping & Dining Experiencesdocument
South Street Seaport Fact Sheet 2015
New Merchants and Programming Press Release
HSDA Press Release for Pow Wow 2015
2014 Laguna Beach Festival InformationLaguna Beach – Your Cultural Getaway2014 Pasadena CVB Food & Wind Fact Sheet2014 Pasadena CVB Food & Wind Fact Sheet2014 Pasadena Historical & Culture Fact SheetPedestrian-Friendly Pasadena
Colorado Arts & Culture
Colorado Summer of Awesome
SJCC Whats New Q2 2015
SJCC Visual Performing Arts 4 2015
SJCC Living History Family
(52 KB)Festivals Celebrate Arts, Culture and Heritage on Florida’s Historic CoastFlorida’s Historic Coast Recognizes the 50th Anniversary of Civil Rights Act Visit SarasotaVisit Sarasota CountySarasota Arts & CultureSarasota Arts & Culture Fact SheetThere is Culture Around Every Corner
6 Places to go for Breakfast in SavannahThe Savannah VOICE Festival Confirms Second YearTop Things to do with Kids in Savannah
Chicago's North Shore Highlights
Indianapolis Museum of ArtIndianapolis Museum of Art General Factspdf
Silver exhibition to dazzle Lilly House visitors next month
Viking River Cruises Press Release Feb 2015
Streetcar Expansion Press Release Jan 2015
Copa Airlines Press Release Feb 2015
Press Release SoFAB Mar 2015
Press Release Slavery at Oak Alley
Press Release NO Jazz Market Apr 2015
What's New in New Orleans April 2015
Profile Sheet 2015 Tico
NOJO & Jazz Market
Welcome from Louisiana Lt. Governor
Quick Facts about Tax Free Shopping
2014 Annual Numbers
The Henry Ford Overview
The Henry Ford Innovation Nation Emmy FINAL
(14 KB)The Henry Ford Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Ford Mustang with National Tour and Sweepstakes
2014 Bloomington HappeningsCome to Bloomington 2014
Reno Tahoe Territory
Nevada State Museums
Las Vegas Territory
Redevelopment Plans for the South Street SeaportVisionary Luxury Movie Theater Escape Planned for New York City
Bluegrass Reverberates Across North CarolinaCutlinesDestination Music Festivals in North CarolinaNew African American Trails Link NC History and Culture
Hilton Head Island Renaissance Press Release IPW 2015
(54 KB)Hilton Head Island Beach FunHilton Head Island Shopping & Dining2014 Hilton Head Island Hotels & ResortsShop Til You Drop ...Into your Beach Chair!Art, History & Culture AplentyCoastal Culinary Delights
Shopping in Houston
Houston Destination Update May 2015
Vermont Arts Council’s Inaugural Celebration
Sheila ArmstrongPresident, US Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council 843-341-6392 firstname.lastname@example.org