Contact: Sheila Armstrong
U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council
The Cultural Traveler Unveils NEW Website
The U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council (USCHT) announces the launch of a newly designed website, TheCulturalTraveler.com to expand the marketing of cultural and heritage experiences and packages.
In the new format, USCHT focuses on enhancing the organization’s partners’ destinations and packages with more compelling and unique marketing information that appeals to those interested in discovering cultural and heritage travel experiences. In enriching the content, the newly designed site is more easily edited, user friendly and informative in a variety of ways including:
• Customized Landing Pages with a direct link to USCHT Partners’ websites
• Expanded descriptions of The Cultural Traveler packages
• Expanded descriptions, photos and links to the package destinations
• More photos and video of partners’ destinations and package elements
• “Featured Destinations” highlighting recommended experiences
• “Destinations by State” sorts cultural experiences by state
• “The Cultural Traveler Planner” showcases photo & descriptions of destinations and packages
• Archival Search of Destination in ALL issues of The Cultural Travel Annual Guides—especially beneficial to media searching for story ideas and content
• Expanded Media Information—Includes partner releases and catalogued by year
• Language Options -- Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
The new website design of TheCulturalTraveler.com focuses on the many ways the cultural and heritage travelers seek out experiential travel information. It is based on the research USCHT has done with Mandala Research to better understand and market to this lucrative travel segment. “In essence, the site is designed to inspire, entice and encourage exploration of travel options and experiential opportunities,” says Sheila Armstrong, President of USCHT.
“The U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council (USCHT) represents leading U.S. tourism destinations, attractions and travel partners engaged in marketing U.S. Cultural and Heritage to travelers from throughout the USA and around the world. The launch of the new website is just one of many examples of the ways the organization adds value to partners’ marketing initiatives, especially as it relates to cultivating more cultural and heritage visitors to their destinations,” said Armstrong in describing the purpose of the organization’s new website.
About the U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council
The primary purpose of this travel trade association is to package, market and sell U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism experiences to domestic and international visitors.
USCHT also publishes an annual guide, The Cultural Traveler, in partnership with Shop America Alliance and the Museum Store Association, co-produces the annual ONE Travel Conference for Shopping, Dining and Cultural Tourism and SASI-ONE awards in partnership with Shop America Alliance and conducts market research on the cultural and heritage traveler.
About the U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council The U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism Marketing Council was formed as a direct outcome of the U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism Summit held in Washington, DC in October 2005. The primary purpose of this travel trade association is to package, market and sell U.S. Cultural and Heritage Tourism experiences both nationally and internationally. The Marketing Council represents leading U.S. Tourism Destinations, attractions and travel partners engaged in marketing U.S. Cultural and Heritage to travelers from throughout the USA and around the world. It co-sponsors the annual ONE Travel Conference to promote shopping, dining and cultural travel and co-produces the Cultural Traveler, an annual guide marketing cultural and heritage travel experiences.